Focusing more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, Hitachi Asia's business includes information systems, power and industrial systems, R&D, digital media systems, international procurement and Center of Excellence.
PT. Hitachi Asia Indonesia commenced operations in Jakarta in October 2013 to further expand and strengthen Hitachi's businesses in Indonesia. We provide diverse solutions catering to the needs of customers in Indonesia, marketing a wide range of products and services for various industry sectors.
Some interesting facts about Hitachi:
- Hitachi first started out as an electrical repair shop for a copper mining company in Hitachi City
- Hitachi's first products were electric motors
- Hitachi, Ltd. has been established since 1910
- It took Hitachi 84 years to establish the 4 regional headquarters
- The inherent meaning of is corporate statement "Inspire the Next" means to breathe life into the coming age
- Hitachi is responsible for generating about 50% of Singapore's electric supply
- The majority of mobile phones in Europe have a Hitachi component in them
- Hitachi developed the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) which enables bills to be pressed and disinfected in 1994
- Hitachi developed the world's 1st 4.7 GB DVD–RAM standard compliant DVD Camcorder in 2000
- In the Japanese context, "Hi" means "Sun" while "tachi" means "Rise" which is why HITACHI is known as "Sunrise" i.e. "ri li" in Chinese/Japanese