PT. Hitachi Asia Indonesia started its operation in October 2013 to further expand and strengthen Hitachi’s operations in Indonesia.
Our business includes power transmission & distribution systems and equipment, industrial components &
equipment systems, infrastructure systems, IT systems and products, data center service and medical diagnostic imaging systems. We also specialize in the marketing of automotive systems.
Some interesting facts about Hitachi:
- Hitachi first started out as an electrical repair shop for a copper mining company in Hitachi City
- Hitachi's first products were electric motors
- Hitachi, Ltd. has been established since 1910
- It took Hitachi 84 years to establish the 4 regional headquarters
- The inherent meaning of is corporate statement "Inspire the Next" means to breathe life into the coming age
- Hitachi is responsible for generating about 50% of Singapore's electric supply
- The majority of mobile phones in Europe have a Hitachi component in them
- Hitachi developed the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) which enables bills to be pressed and disinfected in 1994
- Hitachi developed the world's 1st 4.7 GB DVD–RAM standard compliant DVD Camcorder in 2000
- In the Japanese context, "Hi" means "Sun" while "tachi" means "Rise" which is why HITACHI is known as "Sunrise" i.e. "ri li" in Chinese/Japanese